Louis Round Wilson House, c. 1911
607 E. Rosemary Street
Charles Barrett, a Raleigh architect, built the Louis Round Wilson house in 1911. Built for Louis Round Wilson and his wife, Penelope, the home housed their growing family. Wilson joined the University of North Carolina’s staff as a librarian in 1901. He developed the university’s library science department and became its first director. Between 1922 and 1932, Wilson directed the UNC Press. During his tenure at UNC, Wilson served on numerous special University committees. He acted as a consultant to the president of the University from 1959 to 1969. Louis Round Wilson lived at 607 E. Rosemary until his death in 1979.